We just got back from our mini family vacation in Austin. It was a great weekend!! We went to the park, rode a mini train, went to a circus, swam in the indoor pool, went to a children's museum, ate at a lot of great restaurants and even had a date night out to a fancy steak house! It was a busy but awesome weekend. The baby was very kind to me and I felt great all weekend. I was able to eat lots of good food. It was so awesome to have a whole breakfast buffet for free right downstairs and being pregnant I took full advantage of that. They even had an omelet/egg station. I got tired a lot but compared to the morning sickness I used to have- ill gladly take it. I just had to find places to sit down and let Cameron run around with Colin.
My next appointment is February 7th. It'll be my 28 week appointment. Which I think is just going to be a heart beat check and belly measurement. Speaking of belly size. It's getting a lot bigger. I have a hard time bending over and it always seems in the way. Cameron has been really good about doing all the bending and heavy lifting tho. He really has made this while pregnancy a lot easier by picking up so much of the slack I've be dropping. The baby has been moving like crazy.
Today after we got home and unpacked and finally sat down, the baby was kicking away. I asked Colin, where's the baby? And he looked at my belly. I asked him a few more times and finally he came over and pointed to my belly. But I still didn't think he understood that there was a baby in there. I think he thought I was just calling my belly 'baby'. So I asked him if he wanted to feel the baby? He didn't know what I was talking about so I grabbed his hand and put it on my belly. The baby kicked hard 3 times right on his hand. He looked at me very confused. I told him several more times that it was the baby that was in my belly. I don't know if he got it totally but it seemed like there was more understanding there. I asked him if he wanted to feel it again. He did not, hahaha!
This weekend we're doing a little family shower at our monthly family dinner. It is exciting and makes it seem so close to being here. After our trip we decided that we needed to crack down on our to do list of things to get done around the house. So starting next weekend we're going to start on cleaning out the guest bedroom so we can get started on decorating and creating a nursery! The fun part!!

No comments:
Post a Comment