Thursday, January 10, 2013

24 weeks appointment

Today was my 24 week appointment. I had to drink a super sugary drink 30 minutes before my appointment and then go in and get my blood drawn. My doctor goes by the 'no news is good news' policy so I won't hear anything if everything is normal. I also had her test for fragile x syndrome today. My great grandfather was a carrier for fragile x and passed it to some of his kids. I don't think it was passed to my grandmother since no evidence has ever shown up in our family line, but I wanted to be tested just in case. So if I'm negative for it, I'll know that Colin and baby 2 will not get it, carry it or pass it on.

I also heard the heartbeat again. It was in the 120s which is normal. But much slower than Colin's. Colin's BPM was always in the 160s and this baby is always in the 120s and 130s. She also measured my belly size for growth and that was right on track.

Today we also toured a preschool for Colin to attend in the fall. He would be in the early 3s class that goes 3 days a week 9-2. It's a pretty popular place. So enrollment is one day, and goes by a lottery system. You draw a # and if your # is chosen you get to enroll. We liked it, so we will be putting our selves in for the lottery drawing on feb 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment