Tuesday, February 5, 2013

27 Weeks- 3RD TRIMESTER!

My belly is growing by leaps and bounds.  I feel like i'm getting huge and I have a decent amount of time left to go! The baby is moving like crazy.  I can tell he's getting stronger and bigger just by the way my belly morphs into different shapes all day or how a certain kick or flip will stop me cold in my tracks because it is so strong.  This week on my pregnancy app it says the baby is the size of a head of cauliflower, 16 inches long and should weigh 2.5 lbs. And according to my due date I have 12 weeks and 5 days to go.  AND i'm in my THIRD TRIMESTER! Woo Hoo! 2/3rds done! I read that babies who are born this week have a good prognosis because their lungs have reached the point of maturity, so that makes me sigh a big breath of relief! But i'm sure this baby has no plans on moving out anytime soon. 

So this week I have been waddling around, but not because of baby (mostly).  It is because I am so SORE from helping Cameron build Colin's playset! On Saturday we worked on it for 4 hours and on Sunday we worked on it for nearly 7!  By Monday morning I could barely walk and was worn out! But Colin loves it. He was so happy and excited. He loves to jump on the little trampeline that is a part of it. He saw if for the first time on Sunday and on Monday he ran to the window to look out to make sure it was still there.  I think this is going to provide a lot of entertainment for him when we're stuck in the house a lot with the new baby.  And Cameron did  a great job for never having really done a project like this.  Now he feels like a professional carpenter. :) Below is the address to see a video of Colin seeing his playset for the first time.  Also, I have my own youtube channel.  just search for my name with no spaces- ashleychisolm. I upload videos of Colin almost every week.  just cute funny short little clips of him doing cute things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLA9ex2Ar6s&list=UUvFR0GbfrfFSHZ6kJFG-dDw&index=1

I think this weekend we may work on painting the nursery.  I think i'll go today and look at paint colors.  I was supposed to do that this weekend but the playset totally took up all my energy and time.  My appliques came in the mail that will go on the walls so i'm ready to get it all up and looking good. I feel like once we get that walls painted we can start putting together everything else and place furniture around the room. 

So we're also supposed to be working on potty training with Colin before baby 2 comes. But I keep putting it off because of other projects, like the playset, painting, weekend trips, etc.  But I think i'm starting to realize that I just really don't know where to start.  Like i'm literally lost on the first step! Do I put underwear on him and wait for him to pee? Do I put him on the potty first and wait for him to pee then put underwear on him? Should I start on a weekend or have Angie -his sitter- start with him on a Monday when his routine is more set?  And then I envision how much extra time everything is going to take during this process and how that is going to get everyones schedules off balance for a while. But he HAS to be potty trainined before he starts preschool in the fall.  That's a requirement.   It's just a big daunting task that i'm not looking forward to. I need to just pull the trigger and start.  Just do it... After I paint this weekend, haha.

So on Thursday we have the lottery enrollment for Colin's preschool, so lets hope his number gets pulled so we can cross one thing off the check list.  Then Thursday afternoon I have a doctors appointment to check on the baby.  It should be pretty simple.  My doctor does the 'no news is good news' tactic when it comes to tests so I assume that my glucose screening looked fine.  But ill ask for sure when I go in.  I also had myself tested for Fragile X Syndrome and I never heard anything back about that so i'll ask about that as well.  Speaking of testing, I'm so grateful for insurance or we would really be in trouble, but even with insurance, having a baby is expensive!  We keep getting medical bills in the mail just about the time I think we shouldnt be getting anymore! $300 for the down syndrome and trisomy testing. $600 to our OB. $500 for the time I went to the ER and he told me to eat 2 bananas a day-gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Right now we have a neat tiny stack of not so tiny bills sitting on the counter totaling nearly a thousand dollars.  Lovely! But like I said- it would be SO much more if we didnt have insurance so I am thankful to have a job that provides that. 

I'll update again after Thursday and let everyone know how the appointment went and if Colin's # was drawn at the preschool lottery. Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment