Today is Valentine's Day! I was so excited to let Colin pick out his Valentines he wanted to give out and help him put them together. He picked Cars. and he made one for his sitter Angie and her daughters. He still didn't really get it, but he thought it was fun giving them the Valentines and suckers that came with it. Tomorrow night Cameron and I are going to dinner at an Italian restaurant and a movie. Very cliche but we don't get out that much, so we are VERY excited!
We got Colin a balance bike this week. Its a bike with no petals. Apparently it's the newest thing in learning to ride a bike. It teaches them balance on their own pace. He hasn't been able to try it yet because it's been too cold but this weekend is supposed to be nice so hopefully I'll be able to get him out there on it and riding. I'll try to remember to post a picture or video.
As far as the baby goes. He is getting very strong! He is pushing and twisting and turning with some pretty good force in my stomach. Sometimes he likes to wedge himself crossways in my belly and stretch out, causing mommy to wince in pain because it feels like he's going to poke through my belly. Like he's trying to bust out early, haha! Other than that everything seems pretty normal. Every little bit I grow is just that much more uncomfortable I get but I know I still have a while of growing to go, so I should be thankful for any comfort I have now.
My doctors office is becoming very aggravating. I don't feel like my doctor takes me very seriously, but I do know she has a lot of patients and my symptoms are probably normal. But this is all important to me, even the little stuff. But what really annoys me is not the doctor- but her STAFF! They are all so nice and cheery and know my name and excitedly all chime- hello Ashley! when they see me and give me that- 'aaww you're so cute and pregnant' look. But I'd rather have non-lovey people who do their jobs correctly the first time. They have lost my paperwork with important info on it like my medical history and social security number. They never seems to know whats going on or where I stand in this process ever. Someone asks me every single time I'm in there if I'm 'the teacher'. I guess there's another Ashley that's a teacher and pregnant. I went in for my glucose testing, I had already drank my drink the 30 minutes before my appointment. Set my watch like they wanted me to so it's exact. I get there and wait (which I'm not supposed to because the timing has to be exact). I get called back and wait some more. Then the nurse pops in and hands me a new bottle of drink and says- 'Next time will be your glucose test!'. I told her, no today is my glucose test so she had to hurry the woman who takes the blood in there to get the test done on time. Well, at that glucose screening I also had them test for Fragile X. I'm not really worried that I have it but it has ran in my family so I wanted to know for sure so I can KNOW that Colin or baby2 will not have it or carry it to pass on. If I don't have it- they don't have it or carry it. So that was 5 weeks ago. My friend also was tested for fragile X and she received her results in 2 weeks. I called my doctors office last week and they said the results had been mailed. I called today and the nurse says she can't find any results and that sometimes things don't get scanned in properly upfront. Well that's not good enough for me when I'm am having special testing. If I hadn't asked would anyone have ever noticed that my results never came in? And also, where are my results? Sitting around in a bin? Thrown away with the junk mail? Once again my personal information is just missing and floating out there somewhere. Also, LabCorp has already billed me $113 for this test. I don't have the results but the bills have no problem finding their way to me. I'm just frustrated with their office and ready to stop relying on them. The nurse said she would call LabCorp because I should have already had the results. So I guess we'll see if she ever calls me back.
Ok- is everyone ready for their Valentine's Day present?!!? We have finally decided on a name. After much debate, eye-rolling, lists, advice, input, internet searches and a few tears we have come to an agreement.
Drumroll.............
...
...
...
...
..
.
Jacob Gibson Chisolm
Like it? Great! Don't like it? doesn't matter- the discussion has now been closed! haha! and I'm relieved.
Have a great Valentine's Day! Love you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment