Wednesday, April 17, 2013

37 Weeks

Today I had my 37 week appointment.  She said that his heart rate was perfect.  Everything with me weight, blood pressure and other tests wise was perfect. She said he's measuring perfect and is head down.  She said he's a smart baby and knows the way out. She did a cervix check and said that i'm the same as last week- so no change there.  He may be in for the long haul.  I've heard second babies come earlier sometimes but he's probably perfectly happy hanging around until I have to evict him.

I'm still having no serious pain or illness to speak of. Just usual pregnancy pain and aches.  Don't get me wrong- those hurt and i'm very ready to start feeling like a human and being able to walk straight and not wobble and sit, lay down, stand or walk for more than 30 minutes at a time.  I am still having that leg pain but the sonogram didnt show any blood clots or anything so apparently it's just little Jacob getting on my nerves- literally. So to sum up every minute of my 24 hour day with one word- uncomfortable.  But it'll be over in a flash. The next couple weeks will fly by and he'll be here. Which is scary for all different reasons. 

I'm so curious to see how Colin reacts.  I don't think he'll realize right away this is our baby and he's staying.  I think he'll think he's a visitor and wonder when HIS parents are coming for him. haha. Colin is getting so smart he amazes me everyday.  He says at least one thing every single day that shocks me and makes me beam with pride.  He calls out letters and numbers from the window of the car as we pass by things.  He loves shapes and colors.  He loves learning- but I don't think he realizes its learning yet. I think he's playing a game with himself or us and he also loves just identifying things.  We went through the house the other day while he just pointed out what was mommy and daddy's and Colin's. Which side of the bed was mommy's and which side was daddy's. Which toothbrush was whos. Who sits where at the table.  He just loves showing me how much he knows. And of course I gush over every piece of information he tells us.  We went to see Thomas the train on Saturday and I think he liked it but was a little overwhelmed.  He just sat very quietly during the train ride.  Then that evening we went to a soccer game.  He is getting more and more into sports and understanding the difference- even though he still mixes them up a lot.  He really wants a baseball glove so I think that Jacob will get him one once he is born. :) 

Well, not too many more pregnant weeks to write a blog for.  I will try to keep up after Jacob gets here- just to let people know what's going on with having an infant and a two year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment