Sunday, October 28, 2012

13 weeks

I have officially completed my first trimester. Yea! My pregnancy books say that most women start feeling better by now. I guess I'm not most women. But I have noticed a few more better days than worse days lately. My belly is starting to protrude more and my organs are starting to feel smashed. That's just going to keep getting worse but I'll take it over nausea any day. One pregnancy symptom that hasn't wavered at all is my fatigue. I could sleep at any time.

I really think i felt a little bump from the baby tonight, but the baby books say its too early to feel anything. So unless the baby really hurled its self across my uterus, I may have been imagining it.

Cameron has been out of town for work most of this week and he came back on Saturday. I am so glad he's back. He does so much for our family when I'm sick. I was really sick today. Maybe my body was holding out until he came home. Because there's not an option to be sick in bed when you have a two year old.

This Thursday I have a first trimester screening at 11:30. I didn't have this when I was pregnancy with Colin. I didn't really feel that I needed it. It tests for down syndrome and trisomy 13 & 18. This time I'm doing it for mostly selfish reasons. I have heard that you get a really amazing sonogram that's really clear. And I've also heard that sometimes if the baby cooperates, they can give you a pretty good guess at the sex of the baby. So that's pretty exciting. I'll be seeing a dr in Plano. She mostly does high risk pregnancies and these special sonograms. So you will all get an extra update again this week! I haven't decided if I'll share their prediction on the sex yet. Or wait till the 20 weeks when its for sure. I guess we'll all know by Thursday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment