Monday, November 12, 2012

15 weeks

Sorry this is a little late! I was pretty tired on Sunday and I think that equated to me being very sick on Monday. If I had written this post when I was supposed to- on Sunday, I would have told you that I felt like I was turning a corner and feeling better. But now, after being sick all day and having to miss work I'd have to say that corner seems very far away right now. It's very discouraging to be sick today, and panic is starting to set in that this may last a lot longer than I want it to. I want to write about fun things like names and nursery themes but this sickness just consumes me and I can't focus on the future, only getting through the day I'm in. I have applied for intermittent FMLA because I'm out of sick time. It will renew in January but today proves that I can't control this sickness and never know when I'll need to be off work. I hope it gets approved soon because I don't have a single hour of sick time left.

My doctors office has been very incompetent with any sort of paper work, so these FMLA forms are proving to be tricky for them. The FMLA office says this is very normal and many pregnant women apply for intermittent FMLA for doctors appointments and physical issues but my doctors office can't seem to get the form right. They checked 'No' on the question that asked if I have any further appointments for my medical issue and 'No' on if I have any flare ups that keep me from performing my job duties. So I was denied the first time. After explaining what those things meant to the secretary that was filling out my medical forms (I know... Why is a secretary filling out my medical forms???) she resubmitted them. So lets hope they are approved soon. If I didn't have a history with this dr and I wasn't already this far along, I would really look into getting a new dr. I had a bad feeling when I came in for my first appointment and didn't recognize anyone but the doctor. Her entire staff had turned over. So lets cross our fingers and hope that the rest goes smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment